Australian Futures Project (AFP): My Big Idea initiative – message from the Vice-Chancellor

La Trobe University is foundation partner of the Australian Futures Project (AFP), which aims to promote improvements in how Australia thinks about, and prepares for its long term future.

As such, we are proud to support the AFP’s My Big Idea, a world-first initiative with the aim of sparking a deeper national conversation about Australia’s future, based on shared values and supporting action.

Conversations will take place nationally, with the top 10 ideas developed through to concept phase and potentially produced into a tangible product or service. All Australians are invited to share their ideas on ways to improve many aspects of our society and ultimately vote for the ideas that they feel passionate about. Topics for discussion include: affordable housing, caring for the elderly, economic growth and employment opportunities.

La Trobe will be running My Big Idea Brainstorming Sessions across all campuses on the following dates (full session details to follow):

• Tuesday 14th June – Albury Wodonga
  • Wednesday 20th July – Mildura
  • Wednesday 27th July – Bundoora
  • Tuesday 2nd August – Shepparton and Bendigo.

I encourage you to share and promote the My Big Idea initiative to your peers and through yoursocial networks, and to visit the My Big Idea website to find out how to get involved.

VC Preferred Photo-MAY 2015

Professor John Dewar
Vice-Chancellor