The Queer student network, La Trobe Student Union, and La Trobe University invite you to join in this year’s Pride Festival. The Festival will commence on Monday 20 March with main festivities to be held on Tuesday 21 March, as well as other events throughout the week.
La Trobe’s Pride Festival in Bundoora is held annually to promote the safety and visibility of LGBTIQA+ students and staff on campus. As a community, we will continue to support an environment which is inclusive and which celebrates our diversity. In keeping with La Trobe’s 50th year anniversary, the theme for this year’s festival is 50 years of Queer. We want to acknowledge the struggles but also the progress that has been achieved by the LGBTIQA+ community over the last 50 years, as well as the work that is ongoing. We would also like to celebrate the significant contributions which La Trobe University researchers have made to knowledge and progress in this area.
Events over the week include:
- Stalls in the Agora from LGBTIQA+ groups and services both within La Trobe and from across Melbourne
- Performance from the La Trobe University Choral Society
- JOY Radio (94.9fm – Melbourne’s only LGBTIQA+ FM radio) broadcasting LIVE from the Agora from 12pm
- Queer picnic and a free queer-friendly yoga class on the Simpson Lawn
- BBQ/Bake sale/Rainbow Pancakes
- Queer performers at the Eagle Bar
- Screening of queer film Zoe Misplaced with Q&A with filmmaker on Thursday 23 March starting at 6:30pm in the Agora Cinema
For more details go to the webpage.
We hope to see you all there!