The Big Idea subject (MGT2SEB Social Entrepreneurship) is a multi-campus elective available to all La Trobe University undergraduate students in Semester 2, 2017.
Working in teams, you’ll learn entrepreneurial skills by developing a social enterprise concept and business plan to tackle social and environmental challenges.
This subject has also been designed to support you in entering The Big Idea – a national social enterprise plan and pitch competition, hosted by the Big Issue.
Why should you do it?
Enrolling in The Big Idea subject opens the door for you to:
- achieve 15 credit points towards your degree
- learn sought after workplace and business skills
- experience designing a social enterprise concept and business plan
- make connections with thought leaders and potential employers
- be in the running to win The Big Idea competition prizes
- build your Career Ready Advantage portfolio
- stand out from the crowd with a unique point of interest when you enter the job market
For more subject information, visit the subject webpage.
Who can enrol?
You don’t have to be a business student to enrol in this subject.
The Big Idea elective is open to all undergraduate students, from any degree, who have completed a minimum of 120 credit points.
This means the subject will be most suitable for second or third year students who are able to take an elective in second semester, 2017.
How do I enrol?
There’s still time to enrol in the Big Idea subject for Semester 2, 2017. Sign in to StudentOnline and follow the steps to enrol or change your enrolment.
Students must be enrolled before start of semester 2, 2017
For further information contact your local campus student administration staff or visit the website.