We’re excited to announce that the Library and the ASK La Trobe Help Zone in the Borchardt Library will undergo an upgrade beginning next month!
The project will include a new, modern and welcoming front entrance to the library, along with an improved ASK La Trobe Help Zone, a brand new self-help area and the addition of social spaces and updated ICT and AV technologies.
Works are scheduled from July – October. All services will continue to operate during this time, including:
- ASK La Trobe Help Zone
- Library collections, services and support
- IT support
- Study areas and printing facilities
- Writer’s Block café
We understand that noise might be a concern while you’re trying to study but don’t worry, works won’t begin until after the exam period concludes! While it can’t be guaranteed, we’ve attempted to limit noisy work to non-peak periods where ever possible. You can also find alternative study areas during these times at:
- Library levels 2 & 3 for quiet and silent study (refer to opening hours on the Library website)
- The Learning Commons (normal operating hours)
- Thomas Cherry Building Level 1 (normal operating hours)
We can’t wait to share this new and exciting space with you. If you have questions, come and say hello to our helpful staff in the library.