La Trobe University is excited to offer a third year elective subject in partnership with industry: SHE3INC – Industry Innovation Challenge.
Partnering with the Victorian State Emergency Service (VICSES) for Winter 2018, you will work in multi-disciplinary teams to develop innovative solutions on the topic ‘A Sustainable VICSES to Safeguard Victoria’s Future’.
This challenge will focus on innovation in volunteerism, workforce development and service delivery to ensure that VICSES provides timely and effective emergency management services, builds community preparedness, disaster resilience and contributes to risk prevention.
Each team is guided by La Trobe staff and a postgraduate mentor, and receives project feedback from industry representatives. The Challenge culminates with each team pitching their solution to VICSES. Prizes for the winning team include for-credit internship opportunities through SHE3FRW or HUS3WPP, a tour of the State Control Centre and the chance to pitch your presentation to the Emergency Management Commissioner of Victoria.
What is involved?
- Group work workshop
- Design Thinking workshop
- Project Briefing and Pitch Presentation held at VICSES
- Mentoring from SES representatives, LTU staff and a PhD mentor
- Time spent working in your teams on the challenge (July 5 – 13)
- Three pieces of assessment in total (quizzes, Challenge Pitch Presentation, reflection)
Can I do it?
- SHE3INC is open to students from SHE and ASSC colleges
- You must have completed 120 credit points
- You must have a third year elective available in your Study Plan
- You must have downloaded the MyLatrobe app and have completed the Career Ready Orientation module
How do I apply?
Submit your Expression of Interest by Sunday 17 June 2018.