The International Student Barometer results for 2018 have been released and La Trobe has achieved our highest ever participation of international students and highest satisfaction levels in key areas.
- More than 1400 universities and colleges in 28 countries have adopted the ISB, collecting and comparing feedback from over 2 million students to date
- In 2018, more than 135,991 international students from 144 universities worldwide participated in the survey.
- 35 Australian universities participated in the 2018 survey, with 56,376 international students taking part.
- 7 IRU universities and 7 Victorian Universities participated in the 2018 survey.
- In 2018, 2,236 students (28% of onshore La Trobe international students) responded to the survey, representing our best ever response rate.
- La Trobe has been participating in the ISB survey since 2008
Summary of results
|Pivot table of results by college, campus, course, and nationality||Summary – La Trobe UB Sheet (PDF 1.5MB)|
As an example of how ISB results can influence positive change, the International Student Services team used the 2017 results as a basis to re-design the on arrival experience for international students. We are very pleased to see this year’s results reflecting a positive result with the achievement of a 91.7% satisfaction rating (our highest ever), wait times were reduced from 3 hours, to 20 minutes. The business process re-engineering was considerable but clearly resulted in an excellent outcome.
For more information on the ISB please contact Joanna Shaw in International Student Services > firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further data analysis related to your specific campus/Division/College/School, please contact Elizabeth Hemsley > E.Hemsley@latrobe.edu.au.